Evolving Concrete 2017 is taking shape…
Following the success of last year’s event, we will again be inviting a number of industry experts to present on an interesting and diverse selection of topics at the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, Madejski Stadium in Reading, on 28 September 2017.
The Opening address will be given by Chris Dulake, a Fellow of both the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Institution of Civil Engineers. With 31 years’ experience, Chris has held a number of key engineering positions before joining Mott MacDonald as Major Projects Portfolio Director in 2016. Previously, he was Engineering Director for HS2 Phase 1, having moved from the role of Chief Engineer for Crossrail.
The programme is unfolding… confirmed presentations are (provisional titles):
- The Hinckley Point nuclear power station project; Bylor – Bouygues TP/Laing O’Rourke joint venture
- Ternary cements, specification and characteristics; MPA cement
- Advances in fibre reinforced tunnel linings; Underground Professional Services – Morgan Sindall Group
- Validation of fibre only floor design using large scale testing; Bekaert
- Advanced admixture technology for concrete with high clay content sand; BASF